Gentle, high-quality dental care.
Whether you’re in need of tooth extractions, surgical placement of implants, crown lengthening, or some other oral maxillofacial procedure, Family Cosmetic Dentistry can help!
Same-Day Tooth Extraction
Excessive tooth decay, tooth infection, and crowding can all require a tooth extraction. Also, If a tooth has been broken or damaged by decay, our dentist will try to fix it with a filling, crown or other treatment. Sometimes, though, there’s too much damage for the tooth to be repaired. In this case, the tooth needs to be extracted. A very loose tooth also will require extraction if it can’t be saved, even with bone replacement surgery. Those who get braces may need one or two teeth removed to provide room for their other teeth as they shift into place.
Reasons for Extracting a Tooth
There are instances, however, when it is in your best interest to have a tooth extracted at the same time as patients have an assumption that it’s a very painful process which is built by the horror memories they heard around. The reality of the matter is that tooth extraction is a well known method for most dental practitioners, and easy extraction technique should leave you with nothing more than minor pain.
Our dental specialists’ are experts who can recognize dental infections and situations and selected to take away a tooth only when there’s no hope of saving the tooth. in case you do not eliminate the tooth, the dental disease can increase and bring on similar destructive results inside the affected area.
numerous dental illnesses and conditions warrant the elimination of the tooth. They consist of:
- Tooth decay, which has advanced to involve the areas of molar teeth.
- Teeth decay, which has advanced to a point, that it is not possible to reconstruct the tooth using dental materials.
- Mobility of the tooth precipitated because of bone loss across the tooth.
- Eruption of a healthy teeth to make space as part of orthodontic treatment.
- Jam packed teeth.
- Miss placed teeth, which can get handled with orthodontic treatment.
The Process of Extracting a Tooth
A routine tooth removal procedure can take between 5 min to 30 min. The process for extraction of a tooth is as follows.
- The preliminary phase in any extraction is a radiographic (x-ray) examination to assess the placement of the tooth roots and the circumstance of the surrounding bone.
- Administration of local anesthesia, which desensitizes the tooth as a end result the desensitized tooth does not pain upon subsequent tooth elimination.
- We use an tool referred to as an elevator to severe the ligament fibers that connect the tooth to the socket.
- Once we severed the fibers, the suitable forceps are selected to engage the tooth to be removed additionally we check for any extra roots that might be staying within the bone.
- Tooth Extraction always has some type of risk associated. A good dentist does all the procedure without any damage to the adjacent teeth or structures.
Tooth Extraction Aftercare
The site of eruption typically mends in more than one days. There is probably some level of pain and swelling linked with the extraction of the teeth similarly the pain it normally dies down by applying cold packs and taking painkillers.
Attempt not to rinse your mouth for the following 24 hours. After this, flush your mouth with regular saline water. Take soft meals and stay faraway from hard and hot meals.
- Get your medications as prescribed.
- It is going to be best to take a rest and no longer pressure yourself.
The socket from which we extracted the teeth heals through the years and fills up with tissue and bone.
Family Dentist in Weston FL
We Love To See You Smile!
The purpose of our Weston Dental Team is to offer you with a pleasant and relaxed dental experience. Above all, we attempt to make your experience completely transparent, so the outcome is precisely as you predicted and our dental procedures meet your expectations.
Schedule Your Visit!
Call Us! (954) 659-9669