The application of a tooth colored resin material also know as Tooth Bonding is applied by our Dentist Team in Weston, FL using adhesives with a high intensity curing light. However, we commonly use it for beauty purposes to enhance the appearance of a discolored or chipped teeth. Also, can improve the appearance of teeth that are broken, cracked, stained or have spaces between them.
Bonding your front teeth actually requires minimal preparation of the tooth. Anesthesia is usually not needed unless there is an old restoration or decay present. The tooth is roughened with a conditioning gel to help the bonding material adhere to the tooth.
- Cost: Bonding is one of the least expensive cosmetic procedures.
- Time: Unlike crowns and veneers, which require more time to prepare and a second visit to place them, bonding can be completed in a single visit.
- Invasiveness: Bonding requires minimal tooth removal. Frequently patients get multiple teeth bonded in one short appointment.
- Staining: Although you can achieve excellent results with bonding, the resin does stain over time. Crowns and veneers will be much more stain resistant.
- Durability: Crowns and veneers are more resistant to breaking and usually last much longer than bonding.